Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snowed In

Yet another snowstorm! I almost feel like I live in Vermont again. I did go into work this morning, but I left early when I saw the roads getting bad. So I came home and spent the rest of the day catching up on stuff around the house. First I made a big batch of wheatberry salad. I subbed in pecans and dried cranberries, and also added a chopped red bell pepper. This made a tasty afternoon snack and will be handy to have in the fridge for a light lunch or another snack.

I also put together an easy dinner. I cooked up two GardenVegan burgers in a skillet and put them on whole wheat hard rolls. I layered them with romaine leaves, dill pickles, ketchup, mustard, and caramelized onions. Alongside the burgers I made simple roasted potatoes. No recipe needed for these. I just washed a bag of yukon golds, chopped them uniformly, tossed them with olive oil, salt, pepper, and paprika, and roasted them at 400 degrees for about 40 minutes. Yum. It might be a little lowbrow, but I love these dipped in ketchup! After dinner I brewed a big pot of coffee to enjoy. Nothing like a hot cup of coffee when the snow is falling outside.

1 comment: