Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Race Update!

I just wanted to share a quick note with you all. I've officially signed up for the Long Branch Half Marathon! It is taking place on Sunday, May 2nd, and the course loops through Long Branch, Monmouth Beach, and Oceanport (my hometown). I am really excited for this race because it promises to be a totally different experience than my first half marathon last October. First of all, this is a really big race; it is held in conjunction with the New Jersey Marathon. Last year's half marathon had over 4,600 finishers. There is a huge expo that goes on all weekend, a great post race party, and a technical shirt and swag bag for all participants. Needless to say, I am really excited, and of course a little bit nervous. My tentative goal is to break 2 hours; I ran my first half marathon in 2 hours, 3 minutes, 5 seconds. So, wish me luck! My 12 week training starts today (with a tempo run, oof)!

No comments:

Post a Comment